As the Internet of Things alters the entire landscape of analytics and big data, companies are realizing the opportunity to gather and manipulate data that hasn’t seen the light of day in years. This kind of data exists in unstructured forms like excel sheets, logs, or even archived emails.
The Realities of Big Data
- Data volumes are growing exponentially, and it’s expected that by 2020 every human will be creating 1.7 megabytes of new information per second.
- The White House has already invested more than $200 million in big data projects.
- By 2020, the world will have more than 50 billion smart connected devices.
- By 2020, at least a third of all data will pass through the cloud
- Healthcare could save up to $300 billion a year by properly integrating big data.
- Currently, less than 0.5% of data is analyzed and used.
The Tech of Big Data
- The entire Big Data technology and services market will hit $48.6 billion in 2019.
- Security standards and policies for Big Data are more essential than ever with cyber attacks reaching an all-time high.
- Artificial Intelligence will create more personal data through subjective interactions.
How can I handle Big Data?
The healthcare industry can benefit greatly from cognitive architecture on the cloud. For example, Riptide worked with healthcare professionals to create an automated system that empowers providers and organizations by maximizing patient care through point of care medication dispensing and other value added services.
The primary challenge was the entry and accessibility of customer profile information by several different staff members. One group will enter one set of data, another group may enter another section of data. The data was entered on a form that was then kept at the office until others needed it for review.
A simple data entry form was created to enable users to enter the customer profile information to the account object within Salesforce. Automation in the form of Data validation and workflow enabled more functionality easier and reliable data entry. Data is now available to a wider range of users within the company and can be updated more readily.
Are you ready to modernize your business and turn big data into something tangible for your business? Reach out to us today!