We have all seen it before; the person who is in charge of running things on your network only has that responsibility because they've been there longer than anyone else, or just happens to understand computer technology a bit more than their manager.
In addition to their normal job, they’re tasked with making sure everything else in the office is working properly. The amount of time that person spends away from their regular duties while trying to resolve everyone eases issues would alone justify the need for a managed services company, but just in case, we've put together a list of 10 signs you need to hire professionals from a managed services company:
10 Signs You Need To Hire A Managed Services Company
- The entirety of their troubleshooting plan is, “Reboot it and see what happens”.
- They know what cartridges to order for the printer, and even how to install it, but have no idea what a drum error is or what to do about it.
- They reboot a critical component every day at the same time, “just because”.
- They know everyone's username and password.
- They buy the very latest computer system available, from different vendors because, “they had the cheapest price”.
- They believe the users should be responsible for backing up their own data.
- They haven’t applied any updates to the operating system because “that will just mess things up.”
- If a computer is running slow, they immediately blame the user and insist the cause is “a virus or something.”
- They seem to be always trying to fix things, but never looking to improve conditions on the network.
- They seldom explain their actions with anything more than, “that’s just what you do to fix it”.
While the above list may elicit a chuckle or two, what’s not funny is the vast amount of time, patience, and money lost by not having a professional Managed Services Group working with your company to ensure the highest productivity rate possible from your computers, devices, and network. Simply put, there is no conceivable reason not to be working with someone whose primary concern is your company’s success.
Riptide’s Managed Services Group is a dedicated team of professionals with over 100 years of combined experience in areas such as:
- Network Infrastructure
- Server Administration (Windows/Linux/Unix)
- Printer Maintenance
- Desktop Support (Windows, OSX, Linux)
- Voice Over IP (VOIP)
Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Virtual Network Computing / Remote Desktop Connection (VNC/RDP)
- Enterprise and Local Backup Solutions
- Application Integration and Training
While the intentions of company employees are usually good, there is nothing that can replace the experience and knowledge of a trained professional who understands how to integrate your network, computers, and devices with your business to guarantee the best possible chance of success. Riptide’s Managed Services Group takes their role and responsibilities seriously. The up-time, reliability and safety of your network and data should not be a laughing matter.